Your privacy is important to us. We’ve developed this Privacy & Cookies Policy (Policy) so you understand how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information.
Please take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Policy. By using this website, you acknowledge the terms of this Policy which sets out how we collect, disclose and store your personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Nix & Kix Ltd of Sustainable Bankside, 105 Sumner Street, London, SE1 9HZ, UK.
Cookies are bits of website code that perform a range of functions for you, ‘the user’ and us, ‘the website’. These functions include telling us how many people visited in a day, and which pages they visited. They also let us know when you have visited so that we only display messages, when they’re necessary.
You can find a technical explanation of cookies from Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Our cookie list looks like this;
1. Our ‘session’ cookie, (called fuelcid).
This remembers your ‘session’ which means your basket.
THIS DATA IS ANONYMOUS, AND WE DON’T SHARE ANY ELEMENT OF IT WITH THIRD PARTIES
2. Our ‘analytics’ cookies from Google Analytics (called _utma, _utmb, _utmc, & _utmz).
These are industry standard cookies which allow us to see how people are using the site. Our aim is to understand which sections of the site you find most useful and to keep the content up to date.
THIS DATA IS ANONYMOUS, ONLY ACCESSIBLE SECURELY TO US THROUGH THE ‘GOOGLE ANALYTICS’ DASHBOARD AND WE DON’T SHARE ANY ELEMENT OF IT WITH THIRD PARTIES
If you’d like to alter your privacy settings or delete your cookies, this web page has simple guides on how to do this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/242939/how_to_delete_cookies.html
If you choose to remove the cookies, you may find that your browsing experience will be less efficient as you may have to re-login to services like social media each time you visit.
What we collect
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
– Contact information including email address
– Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may collect this information:
- When you visit our website;
- When you register with our website, subscribe to the news feed or where you consent to receive news from us (see Keeping in Touch below for more details);
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you enter any competition, prize draw or promotion that we run on this website;
- When you complete any survey that we place on this website;
- When you provide information to us in your capacity as a shareholder (if you are one of our shareholders); and
- By using cookies (see Cookies above).
In addition, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Administering surveys you complete.
- Administering competitions you enter.
- Responding to feedback or queries from you
- Handling orders, delivering items and processing payments
- Communicating with you about news, orders, products, services and promotional offers
- Updating our records and maintaining any on-line account you may have with us
- Preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our Website
- Enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please note that where you contact us, we may keep a record of any resultant correspondence.
The legal basis upon which we process the personal data is that the above uses are in our legitimate interest. We will only use the information we collect about you where it is fair to do so.
We will only keep your information for the length of time we require it for the purposes we have set out in this status. Except for in exceptional circumstances, we would not normally retain the information we collect about you for more than two years.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us by emailing email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to request a copy of it. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate.
If you have concerns about how we process information about you then you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the personal information we hold about you by using our contact form at email@example.com.
How to Contact us
Nix & Kix
105 Sumner Street
London SE1 9HZ
By emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org